Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in International Family & Community Studies, 2016 Clemson University, Clemson, SC Master of Arts (M.A.) in Social Entrepreneurship, 2012 Northwest University, Kirkland, WA Postgraduate Diploma (P.G.D.) in Theology and Development, 2002 University of Leeds, UK Certificate in Management for Development, 1991 Daystar University, Nairobi, Kenya
- Certified Development Project Manager
- Certified Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Project Information Management Systems
- Project Design Monitoring & Evaluation
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Advise international NGOs on humanitarian relief and sustainable development issues with a focus on fund-raising, operational strategy, new project installation & set-up and registration of corporate entities in various African countries.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including donors, host-country government counterparts and implementing partners.
- Negotiate protocols and tax exemption for non-profit charitable entities and their international staff.
- Maintain active status in the current roster for UNDP Consultants for international development.
- Contact and coordinate teams to arrange and coordinate all contracts awarded to the company in Africa.
- Guides highly qualified consultants who provide expert professional services to governments and civil society in areas of Governance; Natural Resource Management; Advocacy; Human Rights; Economic Empowerment; Community and Institutional Capacity Building; Gender; Strategic Planning; Monitoring & Evaluation; Health, and Education.
Key leadership responsibilities
- Expanded the capacity and levels of networking between civil society groups involved in advocacy, governance and human rights in East Africa and the United States.
- Boosted the level of participation of civil society by effectively engaging the United Nations General Assembly in the formulation of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Broadened representation and visibility of Indigenous Peoples’ by effectively engaging with the Office of the United High Commissioner on Human Rights.
- Advised on social safeguards in extractive industries throughout Africa for the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, and the European Investment Bank.
- Provided leadership in rural and urban HIV/AIDS-affected Orphans & Vulnerable Children projects in Kenya.
- Spearheaded proposal development and recruitment for development projects funded by USAID, DFID, AusAid and the European Union.
- Participated in the region’s livestock marketing policy development process for the Inter-governmental Agency on Development (IGAD), Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), and the East African Community (EAC).
- Adeptly provided companywide leadership in the development of compliance organizational strategies and safety protocols by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Supervised the full scope of human resources, including strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations and successfully developed a culture that enabled employees to achieve the organization’s objectives for a $30 million company.
Kenya University Project (KUP)
Dr. joined the progressing Kenya University Project development plan in 2015. He has since invested resources in:
- Town House Property Development.
- Researching on International Collaborative Initiatives.
- Internationalization and Globalization in Education and Community Development.
Diaspora University and Medical Hospital Plan
Dr. Koissaba is currently working on the following as he progresses the Diaspora University development plan.
- Developing Interdisciplinary courses in International Family and Community Studies.
- Developing Participatory Research and Evaluation process for community development.
- Developing curriculum for innovation and Social Entrepreneurship.
- Founding of Humanity and Arts Department.
- Preparing to teach in the university.
- Project Based Learning and Project Center in Kajiando County.
- Integration of university to International Advocacy and Human Rights.
- Research advancement for international multinational responsible investments.